Sunday, September 23, 2007

Kaleo Ministry

Hey! Since arriving here at Camp Qwanoes I have encourtered so many new experiences. Shortly after arriving here we each chose a church where we felt God wanted us for the year. I chose Warmland Community Church which is a new that was founded in January 2007. The first Sunday was their kick for the year which took place in a tent. Following the service was a barbeque, with inflatables, facepainting and hairspray for the kids. I was able to be involved doing the hair spray for the kids getting to know them as they came. This past weekend we welcomed over 300 students from Trinity Western College to our campus. Friday I helped out on the maintenance crew raking the grass, moving chairs and getting things ready for the arrival of TWU. Saturday morning I got up at 7 to continue helping out in the maintenance department. Sunday afternoon I also helped out doing dishes. The ministry experiences this past weekend at Qwanoes was definately significant as I have never realized how crucial all of the behind the scenes work is to a ministry. I got to see first hand how important team work and a servant attitude is. I enjoyed spraying the kids hair so much seeing their joy and eagerness to make new friends and how quickly they looked up to me. There were no specific obstabcles that my team was forced to overcome. I'm super excited to continue this ministry that God has brought me to!

No comments: