Monday, March 10, 2008
Final Stretch
Just a few short minutes ago I finished what feels like marathon. This past weekend we had two huge theology papers due on Sunday and this morning was our final exam for missions. I know you're thinking I must have had more than just the weekend to do my papers but during the week last week we were in class from 8 until 5, with different activities in the evening such as a movie for the class, fireside and a student run worship night. Being done now I still feel like there is a ton of things I have been putting off such as writting in my general, cleaning my room and a shower will feel great! :D One thing that has become prominent in these last few weeks of Kaleo is time management. It has been an issue all year, but now it seems like the last few weeks I can spend with these friends whom I have grown to love is more important than devotions that I can do anytime, or especially homework. It is hard to find a balance. Today our Kaleo life Leader Amanda is moving away, she will be hugely missed in the program. Although I don't feel as though I have got to know her super well on a personal level I have been so blessed to have had her a part of my Kaleo experience. Whenever she did talk her desire to please God with her life so evident, much more so than most women I have ever known. She is constantly striving to live a life of purity and that too has been something that even from a distance has made an impact on me. Even now knowing how hard it will be and is for her to leave camp I admire her obedience to what God has for her life. This past week I didn't attend church at Warmland but went to church at Lake Cowichan because my friend Jon was preaching. He did such an incredible job. It is really amazing to see how God has changed us this year, and see the difference in my friends lives' and opinions. I am thinking more and more about the end of Kaleo which is quickly approaching. Other than a few brief moments when I feel excited to go out into the world and use this firm foundation upon which I have built my faith I am deeply dreading the end of Kaleo. I definitely don't want to waste a minute of the next six weeks. My missions trip to New York is also quickly approaching and I have barely had time to think of it. I am praying that God will give me an incredible love for the children, and that I can encourage the staff at Metro Ministries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment