Sunday, October 14, 2007
Slowly Belonging
Hey everyone! This week at Kaleo went by incredibly fast, I can barely believe I'm writing again! Monday until Wednesday this week was spent at Tofino which is absolutely gorgeous. Monday we hadn't been planning on it but it worked that we got to surf all afternoon. Surfing is definately harder that it looks on TV! Tuesday we went around to a few tourist shops and "wave watched". Wave watching sounds like it should be boring, but it was gripping. One night around the campfire we discussed seeing glimpses of God's glory, and watching those powerful waves roll onto the rocks was definitely a glimpse of God's glory. An analogy that has come up often since then is how the waves pounded onto the rocks, but the rocks, like God were unmoving. Friday night I got to help out at sr youth and it was awesome! We had a night with many challenges set up guys v girls and the kids loved it. We also followed the games by watching a clip of batman with questions. I got to lead a group discussion, with the topic of actions matching your words. It was interesting hearing where each of them are coming from. I'm also enjoying building relationships with the youth group who are so much fun! Saturday I helped out at the Qwanoes Women's retreat doing dishes and preparing breakfast. It continues to amaze me how much behind the scenes work goes into ministry. Sunday morning at Warmland I got to spend time helping with Children's church which was focusing on the fact that "church" is not a building but the body of Christ. It worked well since Warmland takes place at a community center and as of right now has no building to call home. Each Sunday faces feel more familiar and is slowly starting to feel like a church home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment