Sunday, October 28, 2007
Diving In
Hey all! I can't beleive Sunday has rolled around again! Right now we have three classes on the go so that has definately taken a large portion of time. Wednesday this week we had our third camp ministry class. I'm enjoying learning several different aspects of camp ministry that I've never considered such as all the work that goes into a camp board. It's also inevitable each portion I compare what I learn to how things are done at "my camp". Friday and Saturday we started our hermeneutics class which I have found incredibly interesting. Since coming to Kaleo I have realized I love to learn new things, it's so neat to learn things I never knew before. Hermeneutics is how to read scripture. One of my favorite parts of class is listening to my class mates share their opinions on things hearing their perspective and where they come from. Friday night was also our senior high youth group at Warmland. The community center was being used so we got to travel to Ladysmith and spend a night thrashing through a corn maze! I have never been in a corn maze and thought it was awesome! The conditions were a little cold and muddy but the kids weren't deterred in the least. As each new phase of Kaleo comes I keep thinking I've completly adjusted or experienced all the new things I will, but almost daily a I face a new challenge or situation. Adjusting to the community has definately been stretching in ways that have surprised me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment