Sunday, December 2, 2007
The Holiday
This past week we had our last class of the first semester. We did Foundations of Church Ministry with David Lee. I didn't think the class would apply directly to me because I'm not planning to go into full time ministry but I absolutely loved the class. I especially enjoyed Wednesday when the topic was spiritual gifts. Writting our personal reflections paper on our burdens and spiritual gifts really made me consider what gifts God has equipped me with and what he wants to do with me life. Thursday we got to be in the Ladysmith parade on a float with the Ladysmith Baptist Church. The lights were absolutely beautiful and the fireworks were amazing. It was awesome just riding on the float singing Christmas carols. Friday night was youth group once again, we only had three youth show up so that was a little discouraging. We played a couple of games and watched the Christmas movie Elf. I can relate so well with the girls in my youth group because the youth group we're running is so similar to the one I come from at home. I understand the frusteration of having a small youth group while everyone else in your small town is at the party down the street. Saturday morning was Decemeber first and I woke up to huge beautiful snow flakes!! In the afternoon I headed down to Oceanview to hang out with the Alzheimers patience again. I really enjoyed going this time, partly because I was much more prepared for what I was going to experience. One lady Cora made a huge impression on me. She is so honest and funny. I can't wait to be home again in 10 days! I would appreciate prayers that I can continue to grow closer to God, as well as for wisdom in choosing what I'm going to do next year. Thanks for all of your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment