Sunday, December 9, 2007

Kaleo Ministry

Two more sleeps until I am in my very own bed in Saskatchewan! This past week has been another very busy one! Last weekend there was an awesome snow storm here making it feel a lot like Christmas. Monday morning a few of us ventured out into the elements to go to a Switchfoot concert in Seattle. It was my first time using my passport, or being out of the country so I had an amazing time. The concert itself was really good with such a solid focus on God. Tuesday night was our Christmas banquet at 6 O'clock pm and we got back at 5:45, just enough time to change into some formal clothes. Wednesday I had the opportunity to help serve at the seniors banquet in Crofton. It was a really neat experience, especially since the seniors were so thankful for our help. Several of them asked me where I was from and why I was so willing to help out at their banquet which was a perfect chance to share a little Jesus with them. Thursday we headed our bright and early (5:45 am) for Mt washington and a day of snowboarding. It was an incredibly gorgeous day, clear blue skies with such an awesome view. I've never been snowbowarding in the mountains and the view just shone of God's power and beauty. Saturday I once again went to Oceanview to visit with the Alzheimer's patience. Each time I go my heart is touched by how thankful they are just to have someone to visit with. Each time I act as if I am meeting them for the first time, often hearing of their same husbands and some of the same stories. It reminds me of how brief life is, not to take on day for granted, and to keep things in perspective. I am so excited to come home and see all of my family and friends!

No comments: