Monday, November 26, 2007

Brink of Christmas

Twas the week before Christmas and all through Kaleo the excitement was stirring. I can barely recall anything I've done in the last week, not that it hasn't been busy, but I just can't believe it's almost December! The past week was our 24/7 week of prayer which is something that I have never been a part of before. I was a definately intimidated at the possibility of spending an entire hour in prayer, but at the same time excited to spend that time with God in prayer. I can admit I often found it hard to focus, but walking into that prayer room each time was so powerful praying through the prayers on the wall, getting to know the hearts of my fellow students. Friday night was youth group, which was a night of playing wii and watching Princess Bride. Only two youth ended up showing up, but it worked out really cool because the one girl and I that came got to spend a lot of time talking and I got to know her so much better! Saturday morning our mission trip team to New York headed into Vancouver to hear pastor Billy speak and to meet him. It was a hugely eye opening experience to me. I realized the very real danger I will be in while in New York, as well as the horrible conditions these people live their entire lives in. This week we've started our Church Ministry Class and I'm really excited about!

No comments: