Sunday, February 17, 2008

Exciting Growth

God is doing incredible things at Warmland Community Church. This second semester the whole place seems different. The church has grown incredible since I arrived in Septemeber. Today in children's church there was over 70 kids total. The attendance at church today was over 270, it is so exciting seeing new families starting to come to church and feeling at home. Today we also had our first baptismal service which is really amazing. We are also needing to start new small groups because the one at Pastor Scott's home has over 40 people! Friday night at youth group we had a night full of different competitions, including potato bowling, tast testing chips (which I really enjoyed) :D and we played hot potato. Today in children's church I helped out with crafts and being down there, I have grown to love the kids at Warmland so very much. Right now I'm in the middle of deciding what to do next year. It's hard to discern what are God's ideas for me and what are my ideas. I don't want to make decisions based on where my friends are going, or where seems the most fun, but I really want to find where God wants me. I'm leaning towards education but I don't know if that is just because I loved high school so much, I need to pray a lot about that. The second semester I have really felt God changing my heart and working inside me which has been so incredible. I have been very convicted about the words I use. On a whim I chose Ephesians 4:29 as my new year's resolution, which talks about not using any unwholesome talk but only what is good for building others up. Since then I have been continually challenged with my speech, reading through the gospels where it repeatedly says what comes out of your mouth is a reflection of what's in a persons heart. God Bless!

No comments: