This week has been incredibly busy and draining. Last week we had gospels class with Wes Olmstead who is an amazingly knowledgable and wise proff. The days were really long often going right until supper with one or two breaks through out the day. It was hard to stay focused and try to retain any amount of learning, but there sure was and is a lot to learn! We also had a lot of theology homework to prepare. One of my favorite assignments of the year so far was the psalm we had to write for theology class. I found myself recalling the lines to a lot of songs or psalms and really really meaning them. Lines such as "Change my heart O God" suddenly had a new significance to me. Friday night we had youth group, which the youth really enjoyed. Because warmland takes place in a community center it turned out this Friday it had been rented out for bingo and we were without a building. We turned the lemon into lemonade though and went on a scavenger hunt across town, in the rain. The youth had a great time and one of the new girls came back to church Sunday which was really encouraging. One thing I am concerned about it is at our youth nights we have no devotion or bible study time which I think is really important. Lately I am finding myself really convicted about the words I use, which is something that has never bothered me. Not swears at all but the comments I make and it has been tough, but reading through the gospels definiately added to it. There are so many verses that talk about what comes out of your mouth is what is in your heart. Below is the psalm I wrote for class.
In the midst of the noise and distractions that consume each day
It’s your voice I long to hear
I am searching for you,
Wondering what you want from me
You wait patiently for me to realize
It’s all of me you want
Not portions or leftovers
As a child is completely dependant on their parents
I need you Father
Completely transform my heart
God reveal to me areas that I need to change
May I be your servant
Serving you humbly
With praises in my heart
God fill me with your love
Allow me to love those around me in way that they know it’s you
I gaze out at the infinite sky and am reminded of your grace
I hurt you with my words,
With my selfish actions
And yet you love me
Thank you Father
Your gentleness is displayed in the calm waters
Your power evident in the mountains
I praise you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment