Monday, November 12, 2007

Break-fast

Hey again! Starting today I am officially on my reading break! Last week Monday and Tuesday the girls and guys went on respective overnight trips. Us girls got to travel to Victoria, where we went shopping, ate lots of food and bonded. Monday night we also had "blessings", where we had picked names and blessed each other. It was awesome to see how God had truly had a hand in picking who had each names, some of the girls had blessed each other in ways I simply never would have thought to. Tuesday on the way home we surprised the boys and met them paintballing. Saturday afternoon Alex and I went to visit patients with alzheimers in Crofton, which was a hugely new experience for me. I had read books about how alzheimer's affects people but I had never seen it first hand. When I first walked in I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to stay because it broke my heart. One woman wanted to call the police because she beleived we were all spies out to get her. I don't understand how God could allow people to live their lives and then have their minds leave them in a sense. It is definately a continually a learning experience at Kaleo, weather it be out of books, on a mountain or life lessons. God has been teaching me mainly about loving people, not with my love but with God's love.

No comments: