Monday, November 19, 2007
Jingle Bells
November is absolutely flying back! Last week was reading break. Sunday a lot of people headed out and it was so weird being here without them, it felt so empty! Monday Matt, Jordan and I took a ferry over to Vancouver. When we got to Vancouver we found our hostel we were staying at and checked in. I was excited to finally get back to Camp Qwanoes Thurday night and see my Kaleo family once again! Friday night we had youth at Warmland. This Friday we did a bit of a scavenger hunt going through the alphabet to find items that start with each letter. We had a good turn out of at least 15 kids. It's cool to finally feel like I'm building relationships with the girls in my youth group. It was one of our girl's 16th birthday so we got to share that with her as well as her cake :D We watched a clip of Evan Ulmighty and then discussed it in groups with the guys and girls seperate. Jess and I got to lead the girls discussion and it's neat looking back now how much they've opened up to us since the begining of the year. When we went to close at the end and asked for prayer requests and each one of them had a prayer request was pretty awesome! This Sunday at Warmland I was able to serve downstairs with the kids which I love. One of the girls made me a book with pictures of her and I together. After this week I feel really encouraged with the relationships within my new church that I'm making and I'm really excited for the rest of the year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment