Sunday, January 27, 2008
Missions Fest
"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. This has been my favorite verse for as long as I can remember and lately what I wouldn't give to know what God holds in my future. This week after getting our Pentateuch final paper which I wrote on the created differences between males and females. It was a hugely interesting subject to me and I leanred so much, namely that God created men and women equal but distinctly different roles, which were interesting to find out and investigate. Thursday we left for Missions Fest which was awesome! Friday we went to a Hindu Temple and a Muslim Mosque, as much as we were there to learn about the other religions I found I learned a lot more about who God is grew in love for Him. I realized I take God's grace and mercy for granted so often which is something the Hindu and Muslim don't have any of. The Missions fest was amazing seeing the huge need for missions and the passion people for it. I went to one seminar that was a huge call to action for Christians and when I left the room I was really evaluating my faith. Today at Church Dan, Scott and I got to lead Sunday School. I would have to say we were rather unprepared only learning the night before that we were leading Sunday School. I am really starting to enjoy Warmland connecting with the people (children) more each Sunday. It's really cool to be a part of the growth that is happening at Warmland!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment